Business emails are quite essential that you can’t take the risk of losing them. In this write-up, we will learn how to backup OST file’s data to prevent your important files from being lost. Also, I will share multiple approaches here and clarify which solution would be the best for you.
Are you a business owner? If yes, then you must be aware of the significance of your MS Outlook emails. In case of any kind of data loss, you might get in a big issue. In organizations, folks make use of MS Exchange Server to centrally maintain, allocate, and save business emails.
Moreover, it offers multiple features that assist users to save and share contacts, tasks, schedules, and additional data.
One of the most recognized email clients, MS Outlook can operate with Exchange Server. As soon as you set up the Microsoft Exchange Server within Outlook, you can allow its offline feature to receive and send emails via the server. Thus, you don’t need to utilize multiple programs to maintain your business contacts, emails, and additional data.
Instant Solution: Download Ignissta’s OST to PST converter to take the backup of the offline .ost files for the accounts in few minutes without any data loss.
Why Backup OST of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007?
There are multiple scenarios that result in building an archive OST file in Outlook. A few of the key reasons of file conversions are mentioned below:
- OST Synchronization Issue: A user can function with Outlook OST in the offline mode. However, it’s not feasible when it’s about Exchange Server. Therefore, when Outlook is connected with the MS Exchange Server, it turns out to be tough to work on the file. This is why it is required to backup OST in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- Validation Problem: To use the data on MS Exchange Server, appropriate credentials with the authentication are needed. To prevent all the complicated processes, it’s better to store an archive of the Outlook OST.
- Data Recovery: If any crucial file gets deleted or the data gets damaged or corrupted, it’s not possible to access it. As a result, to make the data present, it’s suggested to create a backup of Offline OST files for the email accounts.
- OST File Corruption: Because of virus attacks, unexpected shutdown, and additional tool associated problems, the OST file turns out of reach, as well as its data can’t be availed. Therefore, just to depend on the OST is wrong. Henceforth, it is mandatory to backup OST file of MS Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, & Exchange OST File.
How to Backup Offline OST File in Outlook Manually?
There are 3 manual solutions explained below to save Outlook OST file as PST.
- Solution 1: Create Backup of Offline OST File Using Export Option
- Solution 2: Save Outlook OST Emails by Archiving
- Solution 3: Make a New Outlook PST File and Copy OST Data
Solution 1: Take Backup of OST File with the Help of Export Option
This approach can be utilized to take a backup of OST data file in Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019, and additional editions. You have to pursue the below-mentioned Outlook OST file:
- Step 1: Launch Outlook on the local machine.
- Step 2: After this, shift to the File menu. Select “Export to a file” option, followed by a hit on Next.
- Step 3: Choose an Export to a file, then Personal File Folder, and finally, hit on Next.
- Step 4: Select the folder, which you want to archive, and chose the checkbox providing Include Sub-Folders.
- Step 5: Now, browse the location to save the archive file
- Step 6: Finally, hit on the Finish button.
Important Note: The entire process works properly if a user is utilizing MS Exchange Server.
Solution 2: Save OST File’s Data Using Archive Option of Outlook
This is one of the key features, which is used to create a backup of Outlook OST in order to build the backup. For completing this task, you have to follow these steps as stated in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019. This process is valid for the backup of Exchange OST or IMAP account.
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook on your local machine.
- Step 2: Now, go to the File menu, and choose the alternative of the Archive.
- Step 3: As you do this, a screen is going to open up on your screen. A user can choose a Desired file/folder, which is used to be archived.
- Step 4: After this, browse the destination location where you want to save the file.
- Step 5: Once you do this, OK button is clicked, the archiving procedure is going to start.
Important Note: Now, with the above-mentioned manual methods, the entire OST file is backed up to Outlook PST data file except contacts.
Solution 3: Create a New PST File and Copy Data from OST File
Now, in this method, the Offline Storage Table mailbox items are migrated to another Outlook PST file. It is required to pursue these steps to backup OST file in any version of Outlook.
- Step 1: First, Open Outlook email client in your local machine.
- Step 2: After this, you need to create a new Outlook PST file in your account.
- Step 3: Now, in this step, drag the entire mailboxes that are to be migrated to MS Outlook PST data file.
Why Manual Methods Failed to Save OST File Data Completely
The above manual approaches are extremely efficient. However, they have some limitations:
- The very initial restriction is that the Outlook OST file shouldn’t be damaged or corrupted. If this is the case, then you won’t be able to open it. Hence, the manual method will not assist you to copy OST file’s data to a new PST.
- You need to utilize the similar computer on which the Outlook OST file was built. In case, you are utilizing a different new system, you can’t utilize manual approaches.
- The manual approaches don’t assist you to take the backup of removed items of an Outlook OST file.
So, how to save Outlook OST file as PST without any data loss?
The answer is with the help of a third-party tool, i.e., Ignissta OST2PST Converter. There are several organizations providing the backup of OST file, but you can’t trust any random organization for the same. Among all, IGNISSTA is one of the leading and trusted organizations that offer reliable and advanced option to make a backup of OST file.
Unlike a manual solution, the tool gives you simple, quick, and extremely effective results in an effortless way. Moreover, it’s possible to utilize the utility even if your OST data file is damaged or corrupted. It’s possible to retrieve the removed items from OST and store them into a fresh PST file.
The Final Thoughts
In the above article, we have stated why you need to take backup of OST file. It’s quite crucial as it stores your business data file from being lost. With the help of this article, we have understood some simple manual resolutions to save Outlook OST file as PST. Moreover, you can use a modern solution, in order to backup offline Outlook data file (.ost) if the manual resolutions don’t work expectedly. Ignissta OST Converter tool is the best choice for the same. I hope this article will help you out!