Query: Looking to import OST to Outlook 2019? Well, it is not going to be easy!
Solution:Do you know why? Because it’s not possible to add OST to Outlook directly. You need to convert OST into PST file format and then import it into Microsoft Outlook. Quick solution to perform conversion is Ignissta OST converter or you can go to below manual solution.
Microsoft Outlook is considered to be one of the most reputed email clients, which is generally used to keep, receive, and send data from colleagues or friends consisting of emails, contacts, calendars, journals, tasks, and more.
As Outlook is popular among the large organizations, every Outlook user knows the fact that two files, i.e., OST and PST are created by Outlook. PST file keeps the complete emails, data, as well as other mailbox folders. On the other hand, the OST file is entirely a replica of Exchange Server that consists of Outlook data.
Users can access OST files in offline mode as well, but when it comes to importing it to Outlook, they face a lot of difficulties. Let’s have a look at this query of a user:
“I have recently received some OST files from one of my seniors and I need to prepare a presentation within two days. Currently, I am working on the latest version i.e; Microsoft Outlook 2019. However, I am having an issue while adding OST to Outlook. Can anyone tell me any manual way to do it?”
You will find ample of queries online when you start searching for a method to import OST files to Outlook (with all versions). Today, we are going to learn some methods to achieve this task effortlessly. However, before that, let’s figure out what’s so unique about Outlook 2019.
How Outlook 2019 is Differ from Older Versions?
As we know, the latest version of Outlook is 2019 and Microsoft has given a lot of advanced features to this version. This is why several users want to access Outlook 2019 in their systems. Some of the key features that you can enjoy in Outlook 2019 are:
- Focussed Inbox features, providing you a different folder for crucial emails.
- An innovative sorting email address efficiently arranges the unread mails.
- A fantastic reminder feature, which instantly shows a pop-up on your operational Windows.
- Not only this, but users can also get multiple new features, in order to organize Outlook data items.
But, one thing which hasn’t changed in Outlook is the PST file. You can import PST files to Outlook so easily; however, it is still an issue with OST. To add OST to MS Outlook, it’s imperative to export OST to PST manually.
As the interface of MS Outlook 2019 is similar to 2016, 2013, and 2010, you can opt for these below-mentioned steps in outlook 2019 as well.
Manual Tricks to Import OST to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007
If you wish to add OST in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 manually. Then follow below-stated strategies:
- Import OST into Outlook Manually with Export Feature
- Import OST in MS Outlook for Free with Archive Feature
- Import OST into Outlook by Converting it into PST file
Solution 1: Use Export Feature of Outlook
- Start Outlook.
- Secondly, click on “File”, followed by “Export to a file”.
- Then, go to “Next” and select “Personal File Folder”.
- After this, hit on “Next” button.
- Once you done that, choose the folder, you want to export.
- Mark on “Include subfolders” and browse to the location for storing the exported data.
- Finally, click on Finish.
Drawback: You can opt for this method, if you are connected to Microsoft Exchange
Solution 2: Use MS Outlook’s Archive Feature
- Firstly, you need to begin MS Outlook.
- Then, go to File and click on Archive.
- A window will appear in front of you, pick the folder or file you want to archive.
- After this, go to the location where you wish to save the archived file.
- In the final steps, click on OK to start the archiving process.
Drawback: With this approach, it is not possible to convert the contacts. It is only applicable for migrating the other data.
Solution 3: Converting Offline Data File(.ost) in Personal Storage Table(.pst)
- Launch MS Outlook.
- As soon as you do this, create a new Outlook Data File in Outlook.
- Finally, drag the entire mailbox folder, you want to export.
The above process will create a new PST file.
Drawbacks of Utilizing Free Method to Import OST to Outlook
You won’t be able to drag Inbox, Sent Items, Contacts, Calendars, and more. Also, it is a time-consuming method.
Hence, we can say that manual methods have some or other limitations. We can’t rely on them to get the task done.
So, now the question is what to do? How to import OST into Outlook?
Don’t worry! There are several tools available in the market; hence you can use any of them. However, trusting any random software is not a sign of intelligence. After all, you want your entire data to be intact. One of the best tools that you can go for is OST to PST Converter by IGNISSTA. This tool has a lot of benefits, including:
- It allows you to split large OST files into smaller size
- Recovers all emails’ properties, like To, CC, BCC, Images, Subjects, Time, and all the attachments
- Shows preview of mails before conversion and saves 50 emails with Demo edition
- There are no file size limitations. You can convert as many files as you want
- Gives you multiple exports options
- Not only this, it can even repair corrupted OST files.
Now, you have a converter PST file, you can import it now any version of Microsoft Outlook.
The Bottom Line
Microsoft Outlook has become one of the best and preferable email clients, especially among big organizations. The major reason behind this is that it has an amazing interface and a long list of advanced features. Though the email client supports OST and PST both, it becomes tough to import OST to Outlook. Considering the difficulties users have to face, I have shared some simple tips and tricks to add OST into Outlook.
You can choose any of these methods as per your requirements. However, as manual methods have a lot of limitations, it is suggested to use Ignissta OST Converter tool. I hope this article will help you out!