Microsoft Outlook works with two files with name OST (Offline Storage Table) and PST (Personal Storage Table). PST File Once you are online and check all mails items and OST file works without Internet. We can say .ost file store in Local Machine and . pst file work with Exchange Server.
OST file works with local computer without any server and it’s not corrupted and damage due to Exchange Server down and crash. User can use OST file to recover and save OST file to PST format including all mails items and email properties while exchange server crash or down.
This blog mentions the workable ideas to export OST to PST file free. After going through th is blog, it may be easy for you to decide as to which manual method could be used in order to migrate OST file into PST format. The step by step guide which is absolutely free of cost provides convenience to users. Let’s have a brief look at the methods below:
Instant Solution: Don’t you want to waist your time in manual OST file to PST conversion? Try the best Ignissta OST to PST converter to save OST emails, contacts, and other data into PST file in few minutes.
Why Need to Export Offline OST to PST File
- Reason 1: Exchange mailboxes get deleted from the server by mistake
- Reason 2: Want to create back up for Exchange mailboxes
- Reason 3: Outlook User wants to rebuild OST file, but user has unsaved mails items in OST file
- Reason 4: PST file get corrupted due to unwanted server shut down
- Reason 5: Due to Large size of PST file it might be corrupted and want to create backup for some mailboxes
These are some cause of OST file corruption. At this time user always looks a solution about how to export OST file to PST file format, because Outlook supported PST file.
Solutions to Export OST File into PST File Format Stepwise
There are 4 possible solutions for exporting OST file into PST file format. Let’s discuss and elaborate all the methods steps by step:
- Solution 1: Use Import/Export Feature of Microsoft Outlook for Conversion
- Solution 2: Export OST to PST Using Archiving Featured of MS Outlook
- Solution 3: Using Drag and Drop Process for OST to PST Migration
- Solution 4: Use Automated tool to export OST emails, contacts, calendar to PST
Solution 1: Using Import/Export Feature of Outlook for Conversion
With this free manual method, you must need to login with Exchange email account which you used to create OST file, once you login with email id follow these following steps to export OST file to PST file:
- Open Outlook and Click to File.
- Select Open & Export Option >> Click Import/Export Option.
- You will see various option Select Export to a File >> Click Next Button.
- Two Option you will see Comma Separated Values and Outlook Data File (.pst). Select Outlook Data File (.pst) >> Click Next to Proceed.
- Click to Parent root, Check “Include Subfolders” as Show in Following Diagram >> Click Next to Proceed.
- Browse Destination Location where you want to Save PST file and You can select option like Do not Export Duplicate Items.
- Click Finish to Proceed Export Process.
Solution 2: Save OST to PST by Archiving of Outlook Data File
- Open and Launch MS Outlook and Select File.
- Click to Options.
- Click Advanced and then Click to Auto Archive Option.
- Enter Number of Days which you want to Export.
- Browse Destination location where you want to save archived file.
- Click OK to Finish.
With this Process, only mailbox items will export from OST file to PST format.
Solution 3: Perform 100% Free OST to PST Migration by Drag & Drop
- After opening the Microsoft Outlook, in the Outlook profile you may create a new PST file by dragging and dropping the folders wherever you need to save it.
- After that you can select and then drag all the folders of the mailbox that have been newly created that have been moved to the PST file.
Limitations of Manual Solutions
Let’s see why the above Free OST to PST Conversion is not preferred by the users:
- You can’t perform OST to PST migration without opening Outlook and Exchange email account.
- If your OST file corrupted than you can’t export data from Outlook OST file.
- Manually conversion process is lengthy and time consuming.
- Technical knowledge required to perform manual conversion.
- If some option will unselect than chances of data loss is high.
These are possible cause that’s why user not preferred manually conversion. I would like to Suggest you Ignissta OST to PST Converter Software. This application is design and develop using advanced algorithm.
- Simple and Easy Software Interface with Step by Step Guidance so you no need technical knowledge
- No File Size Limitations, Software Can Export Data from Large File without any Data Loss and its Maintain Folder Hierarchy
- Software capable to Export OST Data to Multiple File format like PST and 3 more formats.
Solution 4: How to Export ST File into PST Format Using Automated Solution
- Step 1: Open or Launch Ignissta OST Converter Software.
- Step 2: Click on Add File Button.
- Step 3: Browse or Search OST file from which you want to export emails, and other data.
- Step 4: Preview all Mails Items and Click Next to move next step.
- Step 5: Select PST option and choose Split or Filter option if required.
- Step 6: Browse Destination path where you want to save exported PST file.
- Step 7: Click to Export button to start OST File to PST migration process.
- Step 8: You can see OST to PST conversion process at your system screen.
- Step 9: The migration of data from OST file may take some time, It also depends on the File size.
- Step 10: Once conversion completed you will see successfully message on system screen.
- Step 11: Click Ok to Open File Location.
In the above article, you have read 4 solutions for exporting OST file to PST file. There are 3 free solutions to export OST to PST manually. But they have some limitations. So, to overcome the limitations of manual methods, user can go for automated solution.