Microsoft Outlook helps users to store, organize, and manage contacts, emails, calendars, and more. It, without any doubt, has become one of the best email clients among big organizations. Moreover, with the fast launches of new systems, as well as laptops the requirement for migrating installed tools from one to the other system even increases. Therefore, it’s quite obvious why users looking for some quick and trusted methods to migrate Outlook data to a new computer system or drive.
Today, in this blog, we are going to learn a step-by-step process, in order to move Outlook data files to another drive. The complete solution is given into multiple stages to make it simpler for users to complete the job without any loss of data or mailbox items. However, before that, let’s go through some of the user queries.
User Queries for Transferring Outlook Data File to New Computer
User Query 1
“I am a business owner and running MS Outlook for office work on my device from the last five years. The account I am making use of is a desktop-based edition and I don’t have any MS Office 365 account. However, I am going to move to the other town for a job; hence I won’t be able to access this system. As a result, I need to transfer Outlook data to new computer. I don’t know how to copy the entire mailbox of Outlook data to another system. I got in touch with one of my friends, but he didn’t know how to carry out the process. Can any of you tell me a reliable method to migrate Outlook Data to New Computer, along with emails and contacts.”
User Query 2
“I have downloaded a software and I think my system has been attacked by a malicious virus because it is not functioning properly. Particularly, I am encountering an issue to access some of my applications, including Outlook. I asked one of my colleagues for the solution but didn’t find any answer. Now, I wish to shift or move Outlook data to a new computer, so that I can access all the files without any issue. Can anyone tell me some tips and tricks for the same? Thanks in advance.”
Migrate Outlook Data to a New Computer System Seamlessly
We all know, Microsoft Outlook data gets saved in two different types of files, i.e., OST and PST. OST allows users to allow access to the data in offline mobile as well. Without any further ado, let’s just start with the process of migrating Outlook files to a new computer.
One of the best solutions for this is to copy your data from the present system and then import it to the MS Outlook on the other computer. This is how to you can execute this procedure:
Step 1: Migrate MS Outlook Data in PST File Format
- To execute this technique, closing the MS Outlook app is mandatory.
- Once you do this, hit on the Start button and then, click Run.
- Type Control Panel to access it.
- Now, from the window of Control Panel, hit on User Account option.
- Choose your account.
- After this, pick the Mail option, as well as double-click on open.
- Then, hit on the option of Show Profiles.
- Choose the Microsoft Outlook profile that you wish to shift your data from, as well as hit on Properties.
- Hit on Data Files.
- Now, back up the PST data file by clicking on the option of Personal Folders Service under Name. Here, the PST data file is the default option.
- Hit on Settings, as well as find out the location of the Outlook PST file.
- As soon as you do this, close the entire Properties windows.
- Copy PST to any location of your system.
Important Note: In case, users aren’t willing to shift the whole MS Outlook data, choose merely the folders you require.
Step 2: Import Outlook Files to New Computer
To migrate Outlook data to another computer, you need to move the PST file to your new system with the help of a USB pen drive. After this, import the file utilizing MS Outlook Import Export Wizard. This approach differs from edition to edition and we are going to share the approach for Outlook 2010.
- Firstly, open the Outlook and hit on the File tab.
- Now, hit on Open from the left pane, as well as click on Import.
- You will find Import & Export wizard, where you need to choose Import from different programs or files before hitting on Next.
- After this, click on Outlook Data File (.pst), which is followed by Next.
- Hit on the Browse button, as well as navigate to the location where you wish to copy the PST file.
- There will be numerous alternatives to how you wish to maintain duplicates. It’s better to choose Do not import duplicates so that you don’t get disorganized with duplicate attributes in MS Outlook. Hit on the Next button to go to the subsequent page.
- Choose the folders you require to migrate to another system. If you wish to transfer all folders, pick the top-most folder.
- In the final step, click on Finish.
How to Move Outlook Data File to New Computer?
When Microsoft Outlook is linked with Exchange Server, its files get stored in OST format. If users are fascinated to migrate Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 emails, calendar, contacts to a new computer with the help of OST files, then the procedure isn’t as simple as the PST data file. Outlook OST files merely run on a system where it has been built. Therefore, even if you transfer it to another system, it won’t work.
Now after considering the circumstances, it can be interpreted that OST file users have simply one alternative left for them that is exporting OST file to PST format. Now, this transfer isn’t difficult at all. Yes, you can take the help of a third-party tool.
Which is the Best Way to Migrate Data from Outlook File?
OST to PST Conversion software by IGNISSTA is one of the best utilities when it comes to conversion of the OST data file to PST format. With this email client, even beginner users can migrate their OST data files to another drive effortlessly. Moreover, it’s possible to complete the entire task within a few clicks without any loss of data.
The Bottom Line
Unlike Outlook PST data files, there is no specific method to shift Outlook OST file easily. As soon as you save OST file as PST format, it can be migrated between different systems within a few clicks. Moreover, you can even transfer encrypted OST data files in an error-free way. I hope this write-up will help you out to convert your files in a safe way. If you have any doubts, you can mention it in the comment section below.