“I wanted to access my Outlook OST file, but when I am trying to open it, I am getting an error, i.e., OST File Not Recognized by Outlook. Two days before, I accessed the same file without any issue, but now it’s not opening. Can anyone out there enlighten me why I am getting this type of error? Also, please suggest me some quick solutions for the same.”
Are you encountering a similar problem with your OST file? Do you want to know a trusted solution to fix this issue? Don’t worry at all, we are going to fix it seamlessly. Today, in this blog, we will try to provide some trusted methods to users by which you can regain the OST data file in MS Outlook in an easy way.
Over the years, Outlook has proved to be a boon for global users. Moreover, it’s one of the recognized means for the mail communication and distribution of information. This email client has some advanced features and one of them is its capability of synchronizing with the MS Exchange server.
At the time, when a user links Microsoft Outlook with Exchange server, it builds an OST data file on the local device. However, just like any other file, the Offline Storage File table is even prone to damage or corruption.
There are probabilities that this data file might get corrupted, which brings forth error, i.e. Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 doesn’t recognize OST. Therefore, in such circumstances, a user search for a reliable solution to eliminate this problem. However, finding a guaranteed solution is indeed a hard nut to crack.
On the other hand, it’s imperative to opt for a secure and proven solution. After all, no one wants to lose the data, right? So, after understanding the reason why OST gives such an error, we will go and check out some possible methods to fix this Outlook not finding OST file error.
Reasons: Why Outlook Does Not Recognize OST File?
There are a lot of probable reasons because of which this error is triggered. A few of them are mention below:
- OST File Damage: Like any other ordinary files, OST can even get damaged or corrupted because of multiple reasons, including virus attack or infection, file limitation, unexpected termination of MS Outlook or Exchange.
- OST File Synchronization: At the time Outlook is linked to MS Exchange, it builds an OST data file. Therefore, if MS Outlook is not able to synchronize to Exchange mailbox for any reason, then users may face their error.
Manual Methods to Fix OST Not Recognized by Outlook Problem
Since the corrupted OST makes it unfeasible for users to function on MS Outlook. They have to take instant steps to repair it, as well as to make it usable once again. It’s possible to execute the following methods to solve Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 doesn’t recognize OST data file error message:
The users can implement the following approaches to resolve Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 does not recognize OST file error message:
Method 1: Recreate OST Data File
Before beginning, it is important to note that with these following steps you can build the OST for any email account.
- Step 1: First, go to Control Panel, as well as hit on the Mail button.
- Step 2: Now, in Mail Setup, hit on Show Profiles, choose your profile, and then select properties.
- Step 3: After this, on the E-mail tab, choose Exchange account, hit on the option of Change, and allow Use Cached Exchange Mode.
- Step 4: Once you do this, navigate to More Settings. Now, in Advanced tab, select Offline Folder File Settings.
- Step 5: Choose Disable Offline Use Option, followed by a click on the “Yes” button.
- Step 6: Move to Offline Folder File Settings, choose OK and finally click on Yes.
- Step 7: As soon as you do this, select Use Cached Exchange Mode checkbox.
- Step 8: Hit on Ok button, move to Next, and Finish.
- Step 9: In the final step, close the Account Setting, as well as the Mail Setup Wizard.
Method 2: SCANOST.EXE or Inbox Repair Tool
The Inbox Repair tool is the built-in utility of Microsoft Outlook, which is developed to diagnose the problem. You can use these steps to resolve the OST file that isn’t recognized by Outlook.
- Step 1: Firstly, launch the Inbox Repair tool.
- Step 2: Go to the Browse button to choose the OST data file.
- Step 3: Hit on the Start button to start the scanning process
- Step 4: Once you are done with the scanning, you will get the list of errors. Then, select the Repair button.
- Step 5: Finally, start the MS Outlook and figure out if the OST data file functions or not.
Note: SCANOST.EXE application is available in 2007 and below versions only. To repair corruption in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2010, you have to run Inbox Repair tool or SCANPST.
Limitations Associated with Manual Method
To solve Outlook doesn’t recognize OST error, the manual approaches aren’t considered as an ideal alternative since these manual methods always have a few drawbacks related to them. Some of them are:
- There is no possibility that you will get guaranteed results.
- The manual method is time-consuming and complicated as well.
- Non-tech users find it a bit of difficulty to execute such tasks.
- Your data isn’t secured.
Automated Solution: Professionals Choice to Resolve OST File Error
Once you implement the above two approaches without any positive results, then you must opt for a professional technique. As mentioned before, these above two methods don’t bring out the desired results for you; hence, you can opt for a trusted and innovative tool, i.e., OST converter by IGNISSTA.
This is one of the key tools, developed to export OST files to PST with all the email attributes. Moreover, the tool is even capable of repairing your damaged OST file within seconds and allow you to access all your data, including calendar, emails, contacts, and more. No doubt, it is a handy utility compatible with different editions of Outlook, like 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Windows 10 as well.
Benefits of Using OST Converter
- You will get rid of this OST file error definitely.
- There is no need for any kind of expertise to run this tool.
- It will take less time to repair the OST file.
The Bottom Line
OST file not recognized by Outlook is one of the common errors that users can face any time while accessing the email client. As stated above, the causes behind error are many, such as corrupted OST, unexpected shutdown of Outlook, and more.
As a result, to repair OST files, users can choose any of the above methods as mentioned above. However, there are a few drawbacks associated with manual procedures; therefore, it’s always suggested to go for an expert solution. I hope this write-up would help you out. If you are getting any other error related to OST or PST, then mention it in the comment section below.