“Well, yesterday I was uploading OST file to Office 365 but didn’t get success. Therefore, I have decided to search for a simple solution over the Internet. However, unable to figure out any trusted methods. Can somebody assist me to complete this task without any loss of data?”
Do you also want to import OST to Office 365? Well, shifting to Office 365 from on-premises MS Exchange needs appropriate management, as well as planning. The procedure for mailbox transfer-hybrid staged or cutover is even decided on the basis of mailboxes.
However, an issue occurs when the Microsoft Exchange Administrator requires to migrate mailboxes data available inside OST data files; implying, those Outlook OST that don’t have the related mailbox profile on MS Exchange. Mailboxes saved in such OST data files are impossible to import in Office 365 since they are just a mailbox’s cache available on the server. Therefore, you need Exchange and related profile, unless there is a method to export OST to PST file, Office 365 or any other accessible format.
What OST Exactly Is?
An offline storage table or OST is an offline Outlook file used by MS Exchange Server, which allows users to function with their texts and email data even if the mail server is not available. However, as soon as, the internet connectivity is back, the data gets synchronized automatically.
Instant Solution: If you don’t want to use long and time-consuming manual solution to upload OST to Office 365 account. Try the best OST to Office 365 Migration tool for making the importing task easier.
How to Import OST File in Outlook Office 365?
There are some probable methods to upload OST file to Office 365. Here are some of them, so let’s check them out without wasting any time.
Solution 1: Convert OST Data Files into Outlook PST and Upload to Office 365
This is not a direct approach to upload OST file into Office 365 and includes two steps:
- Step A: Export OST to Outlook PST File Manually or Using an Advanced Solution
- Step B: Import PST in Office 365 Using Network Upload and Drive Shipping Method
Let’s elaborate both the steps one by one:
Step A: Export Offline Storage file (.ost) in Outlook Data File (.pst) Manually
- Firstly, you need to open the MS Outlook account and move to “File”.
- Now, the File button hit “Import and Export”.
- Choose the Option: Export to a File, as well as click “Next”.
- Choose Outlook PST alternative and hit on “Next”.
- As soon as you choose the folders or emails. Choose the box for “Include Subfolder”. Hit on “Next”.
- In the next step, browse to mention the location to store the Outlook PST file.
- Choose the box for “Replace duplicate with items imported”, as well as click on Next.
- Give a password to the Outlook PST, if needed.
- Finally, hit on the “OK” button to migrate the PST.
Note: The above manual method will export emails from OST file only. To extract complete data from OST file, you must use Ingnissta’s OST converter solution.
With this OST to PST conversion, it’s possible to export OST files directly into the PST file format with 100% results. Why choose this application for conversion? There are multiple reasons behind using this utility, including it gives you guaranteed results, there is no need to worry about your data, you need to follow some very simple steps to transfer your OST file emails, contacts, calendar and tasks to PST, there is no data limitation with this tool, and much more.
It would not be wrong in saying that this is one of the best choices of users when it comes to migrating the data. Also, there are a lot of similar tools available in the market, but you can’t trust any random tool to perform this task. Therefore, it’s imperative to get the best tool and perform the entire task in a quick manner.
Step B: Upload Exported OST File into Office 365 Account by PowerShell
- In the first step, log in to Office 365 account and navigate to Exchange Server’s Admin Centre
- EMC (Exchange Admin Centre) window is going to occur. Move to Permissions, as well as double hit on Organization Management. You will get a new popup in front of you.
- Just hit on “+ sign”, followed by a click on Mailbox Import Export
- Now, pick Add from the option and select OK
- Now, choose Mailbox import-export and select Save
- After this, go to Admin Centre and choose the Setup, then on Data Migration. Hit on the Upload file.
- Choose the New Import Job and offer a job name. Hit on the Next button
- Once you do this, pick the checkbox to Upload Your Data and hit on Next
- In the next step, from the window, hit on “Show Network Upload SAS URL”
- Copy the URL and place it on the notepad
- Now, download, as well as install Azure AzCopy
- Important Note: Offer essential folder/file permissions to import the Outlook PST to Office 365 format. Moreover, you can copy the files/folders straightforwardly to PST, exist on Network Path.
- Open MS Azure AzCopy utility and put the location path where you wish to store log file/ AzCopy.log/ Y, which is here: AzCopy.exe /Source: \Network Path or File location /Dest:” SAS URL”/V
- Press the Enter button and after the PST is built, you to produce a CSV file to map Outlook PST fine into the mailbox
- After this, open the import data window, as well as a mark on both the options, followed by a click on Next
- Now, click on Select the Mapping file >> Upload CSV file >> Validate >> Save
- In the final step, you would be able to see that your PST successfully uploaded into MS Office 365. Hit on the Close key.
Solution 2: Import OST to Office 365 Using Network Upload & Drive Shipping Solution
This another method is also not so direct and involves two simple steps:
- Step 1: Transfer OST file emails, contacts, calendar into Outlook PST (Explained Above)
- Step 2: Use Drive Shipping MS Outlook PST Files to Office 365
- Step 3: Use Network Upload to Import PST files to O365
With the help of “Drive Shipping to Microsoft,” users upload the Outlook PST files to a hard drive, as well as forward the drive to Microsoft. It copies & uploads the data file from a disk drive to MS Office 365.
Having your MS Exchange mailbox data file on a cloud platform, such as Office 365 has several benefits. Emails in MS Office 365 are globally accessible if you have Internet connectivity. Moreover, Office 365 provides an excess of business applications with an Outlook email client; hence, making it more helpful to execute business functions. Office 365 is maintained by Microsoft, making it relieve the organization from maintaining the app and the Exchange server.
As a result, a lot of Exchange users want to store a copy of their MS Exchange mailboxes on Microsoft Office 365. To simplify this, one can shift or upload their offline OST to Office 365 accounts, and it can be done in several manners.
This free technical tutorial mentioned the manual approaches and the tool-based method, in order to import OST to Office 365. You can choose any of the methods, as per your choice. If you still have any queries, you can mention it in the comment section below.